Who we are
We partner with ambitious startup founders and equip them with the team, tools, expertise and scale to build highly successful technology companies. ucreate is headquartered in London, UK but our teams are spread out across many cities around the world.
The fun stuff you'll actually be doing:
- Help create products people love to use by practising Agile Methodologies, continuous learning and a positive attitude.
- Coach/ Mentor cross-functional teams to ensure all team members enjoy their work, grow as a team and as individuals.
- Help create teams where everyone takes ownership of building high-quality products, where no problem is someone else's problem.
- Actively participate in the Agile conferences and meetups, help create local and India Agile communities so that we can share our experiences and learn new skills and knowledge.
- Facilitate the Agile Methodologies ceremonies among ucreate teams.
- Remove team impediments daily, to deliver valuable and quality working software.
- Collaborate with the Product Team and Engineering Team to drive the software development process while maintaining client objectives and vision.
- Build a positive team culture by encouraging the team to celebrate success, provide each other with feedback and help team members to live the company’s DNA.
- Facilitate discussions, workshops, brainstorming sessions, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Support an open, learning and progressive environment to allow the team’s exploration of the new ideas and solutions. Always seek new ways of working more effectively and efficiently to enhance outcomes for individuals, teams, and products.
- Help the team to implement OKR’s alignment process to achieve company’s, team and individual objectives.
- Provide support to the team using servant leadership.
- Seeking new ways of working more effectively and efficiently to enhance outcomes or user experiences.
- Help team and do regular Communication with stakeholders and Product owner to build a transparent culture in product teams.
- Experiment, take risks and be courageous. Do not ask for permission to improve anything at ucreate.
- And a few things you will NOT be doing:
- Telling others (developers, designers, QA) what to do,
-Assigning work to other people,
- Spending hours reporting on your team and your own progress or filling in excel spreadsheets,
- Being the BOSS
What we need and what you have:
- You enjoy working with people, watch them grow and support them in all aspects of their work.
- You believe that the Scrum Master role is crucial to team and project success and you have experience living that role.
- You know the feeling of working with conflict and blame driven teams and you understand how to coach them towards a more collaborative, empathetic and fun working environment.
- You live and breath everything agile, continually learning new concepts and new ideas. You have strong knowledge of agile development practices (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Lean). You contribute to the community by speaking at meetups and conferences and sharing your experiences.
- You are crazy about the quality of work you and your team deliver every day and you always focus on customers benefits.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills to effectively communicate with the Product Owner and the Scrum Team.
- You know how to learn from your mistakes, don’t dwell on them and you never blame others.
- You are a natural teacher/mentor who enjoys helping others improve their understanding. You enjoy facilitating workshops, retrospectives, agile games, and other team activities.