Who we are
We partner with ambitious startup founders and equip them with the team, tools, expertise and scale to build highly successful technology companies. ucreate is headquartered in London, UK but our teams are spread out across many cities around the world.
UCREATE is much more than just a place to work for. What sets us apart is our unique, people-centric culture that keeps evolving. Our culture is an integral part of our organizational DNA that is unrivaled by most in the industry.
UCREATE is a place to learn, thrive, and grow. And we take great care in developing and nurturing it.
What we believe in? Whenever in doubt remember to
- Push the boundaries of what you think you can achieve.
- Just get on and do it.
- Do the right thing when nobody's looking.
- Really care about what you are working on and who you are working with.
- Be approachable and behave in a way that makes people want to work with you.
The fun stuff you'll actually be doing:
●Executing full lifecycle software development in a self-sufficient manner
● Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that surpasses industry standards
● Producing specifications to determine feature feasibility alongside the wider development team
● Developing unit tests for all code bases to maintain standards and quality across all projects
● Reviewing code for bugs and defects including security loopholes within the logical structures
● Guiding and coaching other Software Engineers to efficiently develop robust code
● Debugging issues in the production environment and fixing them promptly
● Providing technically valid and cost effective solutions to the founder
● Presenting and talking about your work at conferences, meetups and hackathons
● Taking responsibility and looking for viable solutions rather than blaming other
What we need and what you have:
● 5+ years experience in PHP with 2-3 years knowledge of mainstream PHP
frameworks such as Laravel, CakePHP, Code igniter or Symphony
● Experience with Heroku, Github and error tracking software (we use Rollbar)
● Expert in relational databases and database design (MySQL and/or PostgreSQL)
● Basics of web security (SSL, XSS, CORS, CSRF, SQL injection)
● Front end technologies (any of jQuery, react, angular)
● General familiarity with Agile Dev Environment, CI, MVPs, Lean, Kanban
● Knowledge of HTTP protocol and experience working with and creating web APIs
● Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication