Who we are
We partner with ambitious startup founders and equip them with the team, tools, expertise and scale to build highly successful technology companies. ucreate is headquartered in London, UK but our teams are spread out across many cities around the world.
UCREATE is much more than just a place to work for. What sets us apart is our unique, people-centric culture that keeps evolving. Our culture is an integral part of our organizational DNA that is unrivaled by most in the industry.
UCREATE is a place to learn, thrive, and grow. And we take great care in developing and nurturing it.
What we believe in? Whenever in doubt remember to
- Push the boundaries of what you think you can achieve.
- Just get on and do it.
- Do the right thing when nobody's looking.
- Really care about what you are working on and who you are working with.
- Be approachable and behave in a way that makes people want to work with you.
The fun stuff you'll actually be doing:
- Executing full lifecycle software development in a self-sufficient manner
- Coding, testing and maintaining our core backend Symfony+Sonata applications: CRM, Musical metadata and API
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that surpasses industry standards
- Producing specifications to determine feature feasibility alongside the wider development team
- Developing unit tests for all codebases to maintain standards and quality across all projects
- Debugging issues in the production environment and fixing them promptly
- Providing technically valid and cost-effective solutions
- Compiling documentation frequently
- Working alongside a specialist team (Designers, Product Owners, Project Managers, Developers)
- Taking responsibility and looking for viable solutions
What we need and what you have:
- 3+ years experience in PHP (vast knowledge about PHP 7.x)
- 1+ years knowledge of mainstream PHP frameworks such as Symfony
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and experience working with and creating web APIs
- Knowledge of Linux commands, Security, Performance
- Good knowledge of Databases and SQL
- General familiarity with Agile Dev Environment
- Basics of web security, or a will to learn
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication