Who we are
We partner with ambitious startup founders and equip them with the team, tools, expertise and scale to build highly successful technology companies. ucreate is headquartered in London, UK but our teams are spread out across many cities around the world.
UCREATE is much more than just a place to work for. What sets us apart is our unique, people-centric culture that keeps evolving. Our culture is an integral part of our organizational DNA that is unrivaled by most in the industry.
UCREATE is a place to learn, thrive, and grow. And we take great care in developing and nurturing it.
What we believe in? Whenever in doubt remember to
- Push the boundaries of what you think you can achieve.
- Just get on and do it.
- Do the right thing when nobody's looking.
- Really care about what you are working on and who you are working with.
- Be approachable and behave in a way that makes people want to work with you.
We are well known for providing a unique work environment for the team. We work hard, yet have fun at the same time.
We provide a wide range of benefits to make sure that our team is satisfied and happy at work. Have a look at some of our benefits:
-Permanent WFH if you do not wish to relocate to our HeadQuarter located in Mohali, Punjab in future.
-Internet Charges Reimbursement for WFH staff
-Unlimited Sick Leaves (not just for you but also to take care of your family during their sickness)
-Yearly Health Checkups
-Flexible Working Environment
-Open Culture with a flat hierarchy
-Create your own growth path in the company
The fun stuff you'll actually be doing:
- Executing full lifecycle software development in a self-sufficient manner
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that surpasses industry standards
- Producing specifications to determine feature feasibility alongside the wider development team
- Developing unit tests for all codebases to maintain standards and quality across all projects
- Developing dynamic and intuitive application interfaces that deliver real value to the end-user
- Debugging issues in the production environment and fixing them promptly
- Providing technically valid and cost-effective solutions to the founder
- Working alongside a specialist team (Designers, Product Owners, Project Managers, Developers)
- Taking responsibility and looking for viable for solutions rather than blaming others
What we need and what you have:
- Experience with Heroku, Github and error tracking software (we use Rollbar). Or a will to learn.
- Experience with relational databases and database design (MySQL and/or PostgreSQL)
- Basics of web security, or a will to learn
- Some knowledge of front end technologies (preferably React)
- General familiarity with Agile Dev Environment, CI, MVPs, Lean, Kanban
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol and experience working with and creating web APIs
- Fluent in English with good verbal and written communication