Who we are
We partner with ambitious startup founders and equip them with the team, tools, expertise and scale to build highly successful technology companies. ucreate is headquartered in London, UK but our teams are spread out across many cities around the world.
About ucreate Ventures
Founded 6 years ago as a hybrid start-up ecosystem, ucreate has supported the launch and scale of over 25 start-ups across multiple sectors using our unique co-founder approach to building viable, sustainable businesses.
As an extension to this co-founding model, we are currently launching a brand-new start-up from within our proven ecosystem; ucreate Ventures have identified and validated a unique market opportunity in the growing Care Home sector that has little competition and presents a compelling business case for success.
Reporting directly to Matt Jonns, the Founder of ucreate Group; taking ultimate responsibility for launching this new start-up delivering a market-leading SaaS product to the Care Home sector as a portfolio member of ucreate Ventures - a further competitive advantage being that a key investor in this business owns a Care Home chain.
The core product concept is currently in validation stage, and we are now seeking an entrepreneurial Leader as the figurehead of the new business – to set the vision and to attract the right calibre talent to take on the journey with them. You will be instrumental in delivering business strategy, raising capital, and making it all happen – and you will have a large amount of autonomy to make it all happen!
This is a unique opportunity to lead a start-up business from its embryonic stage to a scale-up, leveraging the established Board, network, platform, support and proven start-up know-how of ucreate Ventures – who have been building successful start-ups for over 6 years.
The fun stuff you'll actually be doing:
- Working with the support of senior leadership from the ucreate Board, you will be accountable for achieving product dominance in this very buoyant market sector that has very low levels of direct competition at this time.
- You will strategically map the opportunity and design a product roadmap from launch to evolution based on consumer insights, market demand and solution management.
- Fully understanding the market opportunity and the problems that this product solves – upholding a deep knowledge of the product and recognising its application potential.
- You are Sales orientated and act as the ultimate Commercial Partner.
- You are ultimately responsible for Client Satisfaction and recognise the need to bring founding Clients on the Product journey in order to achieve optimised outcomes.
- You will assemble the People, Commercial and Service operations environment – hiring the right talent at the right time in line with business service requirement, budget forecasting and investment cycles that you will be a key stakeholder in constructing.
- Establishing key partnerships and negotiating commercial frameworks.
- Report to the Group Board and via an agreed KPI framework and reporting environment that is appropriate for our growth objectives.
What we need and what you have:
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience selling SaaS solutions, as a CEO, MD or Sales Director.
- A further 5 years of relevant Sales experience.
- You thrive in a target-driven environment, working under pressure, and driving positive energy onto your team.
- You have raised funds directly or been part of a team who have secured significant investment.
- You have proven examples of achieving business success throughout a clear career path to seniority.
- You are informed and comfortable in a technical product environment and practise mastery of the key metrics that construct an enterprise SaaS solution.
- You may have previously either founded, co-founded or lead a start-up and been a key player in growing the business to scale from a Sales-orientated position – this experience would be desirable although not essential.
You are a: Leader, Strategist, Seller, Relationship Builder, Problem Solver, Presenter and Business Champion.
Salary + Equity package DOE.